Unfortunately, emergency service repairs of all kinds are the target of scammers and garage door repairs are a particular target.
Imagine coming home after a long day of work to find the door between your house and garage ajar. As you walk inside, you see a mess of broken dishes in the kitchen and your television missing from the wall. Your master bedroom is torn apart and your grandmother’s ring is gone. Yes, you’ve been a victim of a home burglary.
Unfortunately, you’re not alone. According to the FBI, a U.S. home is burglarized once every 15 seconds.
Home Burglaries Are Quick and Quiet
Are you fixing up your house for the spring home-selling season? Or are you simply looking for affordable ways to add value and curb appeal to your home?
Any homeowner knows there are a million ways to spend money on a house. It can be hard to know where to start. A new roof, new windows, new flooring, or a kitchen remodel—the list goes on. While these are all good ways to improve your home, there is another way to make a large impact with a minimal investment. Begin by replacing your old garage doors.Read More
Avoid a Garage from Overheating
Garages can sometimes turn into an oven during summertime, which magnifies the summer heat. Here are a few tips to surviving a hot summer in your garage:
- Pick a Light Color – If you live in an area that known for hot summers. Take that into consideration when it comes to purchasing your garage door. Dark colors absorb heat while light colors reflect heat. Choosing colors such as white, off-white, or beige will help keep the heat out.
- Insulation – The insulation of your garage plays a huge role in how hot your garage will get. Wood garages are natural insulators so they will repel heat. Consider adding insulation around window, doors, walls, and ceiling to keep the garage cool.
- Bust out the fan – Keeping a fan in your garage to help circulate the air will reduce the heat.
To beat the sweltering summer heat contact Overhead Door Northland for a free quote or get inspired with our Doorview!
Characteristics of a Quality Garage Repair Service: Part One
It can be a frustrating situation if your garage door is constantly breaking down. While you are on the hunt for a garage repair service here are a couple of key characteristics to look for:
- Professionalism– When dealing with a complex issue like garage repair it is best to do your research. Does the company have a rating with the Better Business Bureau? Were they courteous to you on the phone? Professionalism is a key indicator that you will receive quality service.
- Reliability– A good way to find out about a company’s reliability is by asking reliable people. Talk to friends and family if they have experience with the company, check out reviews online, and research social media sites.
Check out more tips on quality service in our next blog! Find more info on quality garage door service here.
When you are trying to sell your home the first thing that home buyers see is the front of your home.
Your garage door is one of the largest focal points of the front of your house. When you invest in an eye-catching garage door, buyers will be drawn to your home over a home that has a dull curb appeal.
If your garage door looks old, unmaintained, and run down, buyers will assume the inside of your home will be the same.
Overhead Door Northland offers a wide variety of beautiful eye-catching garage doors. Upgrade to one of their stunning designs to increase the value of your home and make that sale. Call Overhead Door Northland at 651.683.0625.
In different geographic areas, the weather can be brutally cold and windy. When choosing a garage door for a home in these areas, you must start by checking the building codes to ensure the door has the proper requirements. Doors for these areas must have stronger reinforcements and a sturdier build.
Think about investing in our Windstorm Collection. They provide a high protection against the fierce wind and also preserve the design aspect, maintaining beautiful craftsmanship and stylish design. These are great investments for vacation / rental property owners, as they will be able to protect their investment and also rest assured that the garage door simply needs to lock to be secure. You will be able to find a door that fits all your needs!
For your high wind doors, look to Overhead Door Northland.
Getting Off Track
Garage doors will come off track for one of several reasons including, earthquakes, getting bumped, or from natural wear and tear. Our technicians can repair damaged tracks, balance and align your entire garage door system so that it is operating like new. The constant stress and movement of the garage door can cause cables to become loose or break. Our service technicians have cables and drums in stock and can repair or replace them and getting your system back up and running.
If you need to get your garage doors on track, contact us at 952-888-1944.
Garage Door Installation
With the cooler weather approaching, there has never been a better time to install an industrial door opener for your garage. When the temperatures drop and the snow starts to fall, the commute from your car to the front door becomes a dreaded trip.
With a door opener, you never have to brace the cold after a long day at work or a bitter early morning. It is a great way to keep yourself warm and save time. At Overhead Door Company of the Northland, we help you select the right opener for your door and situation.
Great Garage Door Options
When searching for the right garage door for your house, it’s common to get overwhelmed. There are a lot of styles and materials in which you can choose from. To help out with this decision, we’ve compiled a few explanations and options that can work with a myriad of homes.
- Steel Doors: When selecting the right door for your garage, steel is an excellent option. Invented by Overhead Door in 1923, steel garage doors are the most popular choice for residential garage doors. Mainly because they are available in a number of styles and require very minimal maintenance.
- Fiberglass Garage Doors: Our fiberglass doors have a molded fiberglass surface over the insulated steel door. The result is a garage door that performs similar to a steel door but has the appearance of wood. You get low maintenance and high thermal efficiency. Perfect for these winter months!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need a garage door repair!