Now that your garage door is installed and ready to go, it’s time to program your garage door opener and keypad. Whether you are programming one garage door opener, or three garage door openers, the step-by-step directions below will guide you through the process.
Tips Before You Get Started
Before you begin, please note the following:
- It’s easiest if you program your keypad before mounting it (see “Programming Garage Door Opener Keypad” instructions below).
- If programming your garage door opener is disrupted at any point, reset/clear your keypad and start over.
- Locate the Learn Code button and the Learn Code red LED indicator.
- Press and hold the PROG button, the 6 button, and the arrow up/down triangle button at the same time.
- When all of the lights go out on the keypad, release all three buttons.
Setting PIN on Keypad
- Press the following buttons in this order: 3, 5, 7, PROG (red LED light will blink once per second).
- Enter your desired PIN (three to eight characters).
- Press the PROG key again (red LED light will blink twice per second and then turn off).
Programming One Individual Garage Door Opener
- Press the Learn Code button once (red LED indicator will blink).
- Enter your PIN.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles. The Learn Code indicator LED will stay on.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a second time. The Learn Code indicator LED will turn off.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a third time. Garage door should now move.
Programming Two or Three Garage Door Opener
If you are programming two or three garage door openers, note that all garage door openers will use the same PIN.
Step 1: Programming the Garage Door Opener Keypad
- Enter your PIN and press the PROG button (red LED light will blink once per second).
- Press the PROG button a second time (red LED light will blink twice per second).
- Press the total number of doors you wish to control (either 2 or 3).
- Press the PROG button a third time (red LED light will blink several times and then turn off).
Step 2: Programming the Garage Door Opener Keypad
- Decide which door will be Door 1, 2 and 3. Learn Code indicator LED (on opener) blinks.
- Enter your PIN and press the arrow up/down triangle button. Learn Code indicator LED continues to blink.
- Press the number you have picked for this door opener: 1, 2 or 3. Learn Code indicator LED stays on.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a second time. Learn Code indicator LED turns off.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a third time. Garage door should move.
- Repeat steps one through five for programming each garage door opener. Each door opener must be programmed to receive the signal from the wireless keypad.
- If the garage door does not move, check the red LED on the keypad.
- If the LED blinks rapidly, the PIN was entered incorrectly.
- Any keypad button will control the door for 30 seconds after the door starts moving.
- Rapid blinking of the LED indicates an error. After a few seconds, the LED will turn off, and you can retry.
- If the red LED does not blink during use, the battery needs to be changed.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Drill a 1/16″ hole for the top mounting screw.
- Install a screw into the top drilled hole, leaving a 1/8″ gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hook the keypad over the screw.
- Mark the bottom hole, then screw in the bottom screw.
- Reinstall the battery cover.
If you need help programming your garage door opener or keypad, give us a call at 651.683.0307 and an Overhead Door Sales Specialist will get things going!